The main Alphas have made active appearances in Jamaa, either in the Adventures or in Parties. These alphas are often depicted together in various collections (like the Haunted Portrait Collection) or in a single item such as the Alpha Fountain, Alpha Archway, and Alpha Stepping Stones.
This list is derived from the named animal statues that are sold alongside the main active Alpha statues. These animals may have multiple den items dedicated to them, but they have not made any active appearances in the game.
|“|| In desperation, the guardian spirits of Jamaa searched other lands for six leaders who could wield the power of their entire species. They even looked to our world, and it was here that they found six extraordinary animals and brought them to Jamaa: Sir Gilbert the regal tiger, Cosmo the knowledgeable koala, Graham the inventive monkey, Greely the mysterious wolf, Liza the curious panda, and Peck the creative rabbit. These were six remarkable animals with different personalities, but they were united in their strength of characters and their respect for the natural world.|
Mira and Zios chose well, and these very different animals soon formed a family. To help in battle against the Phantoms, Mira and Zios gave the new leaders Alpha Stones, six special jewels that focused the strength and abilities of their entire species. With these stones, the six chosen animals became Alphas, the heroes chosen to save Jamaa in its darkest hour!
The Alphas set about making a plan that utilized each of their unique abilities to defeat the Phantoms. Once the plan was finalized, they joined the rest of the animals who had gathered together to face the flood of Phantoms before them. When the animals saw the magnificent Alphas, they felt their own bravery return. The Alphas felt the strength of the Alpha Stones flowing through them, and with many roars, howls, and cheers, they all stormed into battle.
|~ AJHQ on The Daily Explorer - Episode 4 - Taking a Stand|
- The first alpha to be seen in the game was Liza, as the guide for New Jammers; however, this was later changed so that Peck would be the guide instead.
- They are said to come from Earth, according to Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide.
- They were originally called Shamans, but this changed in 2011.
- Originally, some of the land areas included statues for the Alphas (such as Sir Gilbert in Crystal Sands) and (Graham in Sarepia Forest), but these were removed when the lands were redesigned in 2011.
- Their statues are sold at The Chamber of Knowledge and the bronze versions were formerly sold at the AJ Birthday Party.
- The statues available in The Chamber of Knowledge are obtainable through The Forgotten Desert.
- Tavie is the only alpha to have a pet.