The Arctic Hood is a members-only land clothing item that is worn on the head. It was originally released during the Beta Testing in Jam Mart Clothing, it was removed shortly after Beta Testing ended. It was later re-released in the Shiveer Shoppe around February 2011. It went on clearance again in August of 2012. It returned to Jam Mart Clothing again on January 22, 2020, and is a possible prize in The Forgotten Desert.
The Arctic Hood appears as a fitted hood with a large, bushy fur trim. Attached to the hood is an eye piece with small curly spikes on top. The very top of the hood ends in a curl. This item comes in ten different color varieties, including the Rare Item Monday variant.
- The rare variant was released on September 24, 2012, for Rare Item Monday.
- The turquoise-colored hood with the green eye-piece is often called the "Beta Arctic Hood" by Jammers because it was the first hood that was released in the early stages of Beta Testing. It did not return to stores after Beta Testing ended.
- This "Beta" variant is often confused with another version that has very similar colors, the light blue hood with the green eye-piece.
- After Beta Testing ended, a dark purple hood replaced the turquoise-colored hood as the default color; this dark purple default matched the default Arctic Coat that was released around this time.
- Many of the colors that were released during Beta Testing - excluding the turquoise with green eye-piece- are often incorrectly called "non-Beta" by Jammers because they were still available after Beta Testing ended.
- Some of the hoods have different colored eyepieces, although five variants have black eyepieces.
- It is similar to the Old Hood and Winter Hood.
- The dark purple hood is available as an item to try on in Best Dressed.