The Direwolf is a members-only land animal that was first hinted at on April 26, 2018, as a stone statue from the Temple of the Ancients in the land Balloosh. That statue was later revealed to be a Direwolf on May 10, 2018. Direwolves were released on May 24, 2018, but left on November 29, 2020.
The Direwolf appears somewhat similar to the Wolf and Arctic Wolf. It has large legs and paws with three visible claws on each one, two pointed ears, and a short bushy tail. It also has thick fur around its neck and a grumpy expression.
|The Direwolf sits down, crossing its arms.|
|The Direwolf stands up and moves paws and legs, hopping shortly. It appears to be doing a Charleston Flapper Dance.|
|Sleeps similar to the Lynx.|
|The Direwolf jumps without paws reaching into the air. The paws stay straight.|
|The Direwolf looks around, digs a hole, and retrieves a bone from it. Then, it digs another hole and lays the bone in the hole, covering it up with dirt.|
- It is one of two extinct playable animals. The other extinct playable animal is the Sabertooth.
- Direwolves are the 6th canine-like animal to come to Jamaa, along with the Fox, Arctic Fox, Wolf, Arctic Wolf (and Snowflake Arctic Wolf) and the Coyote.
- The Direwolf Alpha is Star.
- In Sky High & Wind Rider, the Direwolf has no eyes.
- Its dance looks similar to the Cheetah's dance.
- Direwolves are able to enter the Wolves Only Party, as they are a related species of canine, but cannot unlock Wolves-only or Arctic Wolves-only passages in adventures.
- The Direwolf has a line of plushies which can be seen here: Direwolf Collection. The plushies received a rare tag once they left stores, along with other Direwolf items.
- The Direwolf has also won the AJ VidCon.
- When the player equips Bow and Arrows on the Direwolf, they appear to look "broken" on the preview, but then they look normal when exiting the Change your Look menu.