For the pet counterpart, see Pet Giraffe.
The Giraffe is a non-member land animal that was first released on May 24, 2012. They were removed from stores on May 23, 2013, and then returned on April 17, 2014. They became available for all Jammers on August 18, 2016. It is sold from the "Choose an Animal" menu when creating a new animal. They are currently traveling once again so they are not available for purchase.
The Giraffe seems to have a long neck, a very slender, angular dark-orange body with pale purple spots and short, brown hair starting on the back of their head, and going all the way down their back and on to the tip of their tail. It has brown hooves and the inside of its ears are pink. It has wide, round eyes that have green irises. The nose is a small brown triangle and its mouth appears to be smiling.
|Sits with three legs tucked under its body and one bent in front of it.|
|They shuffle to the left, then to the right.|
|Sleeps with all legs tucked neatly under its belly with neck stretched out.|
|Jumps by lifting one leg up at a time.|
|Stands on head, then wobbles and falls down, before standing on head again.|
- It has a Pet counterpart, the Pet Giraffe.
- It was first hinted that the giraffe was going to be an animal in the future by a giraffe-based sculpture in The Chamber of Knowledge.
- When some neck items are worn on this animal (such as the Lei, Spiked Collar, Spirit Amulet, Candy Necklace and Friendship Amulet) they appear to be wearing three of the item instead of one. There are also other neck items (such as the Pinecone Necklace, Jingle Bell Necklace, and Clover Amulet) that appear on the neck twice.
- Some back items (such as the Shark Fin and Backpack) appear on the neck instead of the back.
- When the Box Head was worn on a Giraffe, it would appear over the Giraffe's nose. A few months later, it was changed to completely cover the Giraffe's head.
- When you first purchase the Giraffe, the body color is a color that you can not choose again after you change it.
- There is a glitch, where, if a player tries to make their Giraffe do the “Play” action, it will freeze at the beginning of its action.
- They were gone for nearly a year around 2013 and 2014, which is one of the longest animal traveling times in Animal Jam history.
|Click Expand to view|
|Click Expand to view|