The Jamaa Journal is a series of newspaper articles produced every other Thursday throughout the years. It displays updates, patched glitches, and other Animal Jam news, including new animals, new lands, and exciting deals.
|Archives of previous Jamaa Journal editions|
- It was originally released once a week, but that changed in February 2011 when it started being released once every two weeks instead.
- Volume #191 was the only issue to be released on a Wednesday rather than a Thursday.
- On April 12, 2012, the style of the journal completely changed. Its white paper-like background was changed to a tan parchment-like style, the footer with the paw-print page number was removed, and a colorful patterned header was added to each page.
- The updated style also included buttons on the first page that lead to some of the other pages. The last of these buttons, however, would open a browser window outside the game and connect to The Daily Explorer.
- On October 11, 2012, the page numbers returned for each page except the first and they were repositioned to the left of the header.
- On May 11, 2017, the style of the journal completely changed again. The tan parchment background was replaced by a wooden panel overlaid with lighter parchment, the volume number was removed from the first page, the patterned header was replaced with a pinned wood sign, the page numbers were removed once again, and a navigation strip listing an icon for each page was added at the bottom.
- One feature that was removed with this update was the link to The Daily Explorer.
- Typically, the seasonal party is changed every other volume of the journal.