The Masterpiece Token is a non-member den item that was first released starting in March 2017 as a promotional item. It can be obtained by redeeming a code included with the Animal Jam Sketchbook from the company Make It Real. It was also given out to all Jammers on the 6th and 14th day of the 2017 Jamaaliday Gift Calendar. It returned in July 2018 as part of the Artist's Dream Bundle that gives 5 Masterpiece Tokens when redeemed.
The Masterpiece Token is a silver, coin-like disk that has a dark blue circle on the center. Printed on the front of each side is a golden picture frame with shiny, light-blue glass set inside it to resemble a Masterpiece. The coin is floating above the ground and has a constant spinning animation. There is only one variety.
- The shape and 3D spinning animation of this item are very similar to the animal coins (such as the Horse Coin) that were removed from the game. It is also similar to the Charm Token, which can similarly also be redeemed.
- It can be used one time only in the Painting activity by both members and non-members alike to create a Masterpiece instead of using Diamonds. If the masterpiece is not approved, the player can either receive 2 Diamonds or the token back.
- There is a glitch when the token is placed in a den, it has a black background.
- In many AJHQ live streams, these are available prizes.
- There was another glitch during December 2017 that caused the user's Diamonds to appear as the same amount as the user's gems after using a Masterpiece Token to create a masterpiece. However, the glitched Diamonds could not be used to purchase items. This glitch has since been patched.