|“|| An Animal Jam membership provides access to a number of exclusive in-game features, including animals, pets, dens, Adventures, and much more.
| ~ AJHQ - What is included with an Animal Jam membership?
- Unlock up to 1000 animal slots
- Access to all animals (Members-only Animals)
- Customize animal Nametag with a unique color and badge combination
- Collect up to 1000 clothing items
- Access to every clothing item (Members-only Items)
- Access to every pet
- Access to the Pet Stop to give pets unique accessory combinations
- Access to the Pet Wash to make pets sparkle
- Play pet mini-games
- Unlock 200 den slots
- Access to every den
- Customize den music
- Collect up to 2000 den items
- Put up to 300 items in a den
- Access to every den item (Members-only Items)
- Create Masterpiece den items from Painting art with Diamonds
- Send and receive gifts in Jam-A-Grams
- Type custom messages in Jam-A-Grams
- Use animated emotes
- Host Jammer Parties
- Test features like the Jammer Wall
- Access the Member Spin once per day
- Daily Sapphires and Weekly Gifts in the Play Wild mobile app
- Ability to join Packs in the Play Wild mobile app
- Ability to purchase members-only items in the Play Wild app
Animal Jam Membership can be purchased directly for a player's account through the Animal Jam website as either a 1-month recurring payment, a 6-month recurring payment, or a 12-month one-time payment. The recurring memberships will automatically renew when the membership is about to expire, resulting in additional charges.
The auto-renewal of recurring memberships can be toggled off by accessing the Parent Dashboard for the player's account. If auto-renewal is disabled before a membership expires, the membership will continue without interruption until its expiration date, at which point it will simply end without any additional charges. If the Parent Dashboard cannot be accessed, the recurring payment can be cancelled by submitting a ticket through the Animal Jam Help Center and including the relevant billing information.
Purchasing Membership Gifts
Membership can also be purchased in the form of a gift to be sent to a player. This type of membership is sold online as a gift certificate through Animal Jam Outfitters or as a gift card from participating retailers' websites. These online gift certificates and gift cards are delivered to the recipient by email with the code for applying the membership. Certain retailers also sell physical gift cards at select locations; these gift cards include a scratch-off code that is activated upon purchase. For specific details on where to purchase membership gifts, see the Animal Jam Help Center. Membership gifts are added to an account in the form of alphanumeric codes. The codes can be applied at the login screen for the game, in the settings menu while playing the game, or on the code redemption page.
Play Wild Sapphire Shop
In the mobile app Play Wild, players can purchase a single month of membership through the in-game Sapphire Shop at a cost of 500 Sapphires. The Sapphires can either be purchased with real-world currency through Play Wild's Premium Shop or they can be earned in the mobile game by guessing the correct boxes in certain daily Treasure Hunts, by logging in daily as an existing member, by advancing through certain Levels, or by completing the mini-game Achievements.
Refer A Friend Rewards
Starting on April 12, 2018, Animal Jam introduced the "Refer A Friend" program that would allow players to send referral links to their friends. The referral links can be obtained by clicking the Invite A Friend button on the Buddy List. If those referral links were then used when purchasing a new membership, the original player would receive certain rewards including temporary Membership. Each membership reward can be redeemed only once. These rewards were expanded in November 2018 to include special items and longer memberships as well.
|3||3||1 month||25||Epic Feathered Armor Set|
|4||5||1 month||50||Legendary Eagle|
Some limited-time special offers will bundle Animal Jam Membership with exclusive in-game content such as animal avatars, adopted pets, clothing accessories, den items, or even dens.
Retail Gift Cards
Most physical, retail gift cards for Animal Jam Membership come with a special bundle that changes approximately every 3 months, which is also the length of the membership provided with the card. Occasionally, these bundles can also be redeemed by purchasing online gift certificates.
The current bundle is bolded.
|List of Gift Card Bundles|
|Spring Bunny Bundle||
April - ??? 2020
Added in fourth release
Added in the second release
|Pet Ferret Bundle||July—September 2015||Pet Ferret|
|Polar Bear Bundle||October—December 2015||Polar Bear|
|Pet Snow Leopard Bundle||January—March 2016||Pet Snow Leopard|
|Pet Hippo Bundle||April—June 2016||Pet Hippo|
|Pet Meerkat Bundle||July—September 2016||Pet Meerkat|
|Arctic Fox Bundle||
October 2019 - January 2020
Added in second release
|Snow Leopard Bundle||
January - April 2020
July - October 2019
Added in third release
Animal Jam Website
Starting in 2018, purchasing a membership from the Animal Jam website may include a special bundle that cannot be obtained from purchasing membership anywhere else. These bundles are typically a limited-time offer that lasts for only one month. These bundles are only provided for a new purchase, so existing memberships and automatically-recurring memberships will not receive them. They have stopped as of May 2020.
- Some of the Sidekix Plushies included codes for a one-week membership.
- A bonus two-week membership can be obtained by purchasing the Club Geoz Playset.
- Some of the "Blind Bag" Adopt A Pet toys included a bonus one-week membership.
- All of the rumors about getting free memberships (not including the 1-month free memberships awarded to beta testers) are false according to the official Animal Jam Help Center.
- After a membership expires, some of the benefits remain with the Jammer such as 1000 buddies, items etc.
- Jammers keep all members-only items, animals, pets, and dens that they purchased before their membership expired, but they cannot use them.
- Jammers keep all of the extra den and clothing inventory slots when their membership expires.
- Jammers keep the members-only "Safe Chat- Plus" if it was selected before the membership expired.
- Members have a golden key on their Player Cards to unlock the golden locks that appear on members-only items.
- There is a glitch where a Jammer will retain all of the capabilities of membership if they remain logged into their account when it is about to lose its membership. The membership capabilities are only removed once the Jammer is disconnected or logs off.
- If a player loses their membership while logged off, they will continue to appear to everyone else as if they have a membership until they log in again.
- There was a glitch that allowed players to be a member animal after their membership expired if they deleted all non-member animals and bought a turtle, they would click their den icon when they were in an ocean animals only area such as Bahari Bay, which would glitch them into the last land animal that they were before the membership expired. This glitch is now fixed.
- AJHQ formerly said "A portion of all Animal Jam membership fees and other purchases help support National Geographic's global conservation and research efforts" but they have since deleted the "How can I support Animal Jam's conservation efforts?" Animal Jam Help Center article.
- There was a "Black Friday Sale" that rewarded extra Diamonds for purchasing membership on the Animal Jam website during November 21–26, 2018. However, the price of the membership did not actually change.
There are a number of features that were advertised but never delivered.
- "Be the FIRST to hear about upcoming events!"
- "Animal Bases" - While it is not clear what this feature would have meant for Animal Jam, a similar feature is available in the mobile game Play Wild as special rooms dedicated to a specific animal and connected to certain areas.
Some features were previously available to members only but are now available to all Jammers.
- Pets were originally available only for members, but this changed with the introduction of the Pet Hamster in August 2011.
- The color wheel, which allows Jammers to change an item's variety before purchase, was originally a members-only feature, but this changed in November 2015.
- Originally, only members could access Club Geoz, but this was changed sometime later to allow all Jammers into Club Geoz.
- The Chat log was previously only available to players with membership (although it was originally available for all players) but it was made accessible to all Jammers once again starting in November 2016.
- Many Adventures used to be reserved only for members, but all Adventures except The Forgotten Desert were available to all Jammers in 2018.
- Safe Chat - Plus was made available to all Jammers on September 13, 2018.
Some features were available to members only but were later discontinued and now cannot be accessed by any Jammer.
- The Monthly Member Gifts were a special reward for any players that held a current membership, be they new or old. While it was still active, all members would receive one or more special gifts via their Jam-A-Grams.
- The weekly Diamond gift was the replacement for the Monthly Member Gifts in conjunction with the Diamond Shop. It was initially designed so that only players with membership could collect these Diamonds to spend on the members-only goods in the Diamond Shop. This changed after non-member goods became available in the Diamond Shop and non-members were slowly given more opportunities to obtain Diamonds. Eventually, the weekly Diamond gift was disabled upon the introduction of the Member Spin.
- Membership originally included a 20% discount for purchases made at the National Geographic Store, but this ended when WildWorks cancelled their licensing deal with National Geographic and stopped funding the Big Cats Initiative.
|Click Expand to view|
Old Members-Only Pop-ups
|Click Expand to view|
|Click Expand to view|