The Rare Spiked Collar is a members-only land clothing item. It was initially given out as one of the Monthly Member Gifts during July 2011. It can currently be obtained as a random prize from The Forgotten Desert and Lucky Clovers as well as in the member's only chest of the last pearl in Tiki Trouble.
The Rare Spiked Collar consists of spikes attached to a circular band worn around the neck. "Long" Rare Spiked Collars have a pattern of alternating large spikes and small spikes, but "Short" Rare Spiked Collars only have one size of spikes. There are eight different color versions of each type ("Long" and "Short") for a total of sixteen varieties.
- Rare Spiked Collars were a possible prize from the Lucky Clovers Epic Treasure Chest in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.
- On January 10th 2019, the "Black Long" could be won in a AJHQ live stream.
- It can be won as a random prize in The Forgotten Desert.
- Many Jammers refer to this item as the "Spike" or "Rare Spike" instead of its actual name.
- The "Long" Rare Spiked Collar was originally named Spikey Necklace.
- The "Short" Rare Spiked Collar was originally named Spiked Necklace.
- The "Long" Rare Spiked Collars have more vibrant colors than their "Short" counterpart.
- Unlike most other variants, the purple and blue "Short" Rare Spiked Collars do not share the same colors with the corresponding purple and blue "Long" Rare Spiked Collars or the purple and blue Rare Spiked Wristbands.
- When worn in the Adventures, the "Short" Rare Spiked Collar does 6 extra damage and the "Long" Rare Spiked Collar does 7 extra damage, in addition to the 10 done by default to destructible obstacles such as Phantom Webs. This extra damage also adds to extra damage done by other items, like Gloves
- Unlike the Rare Spiked Collars on which they are based, the non-promo varieties do not provide any extra damage when worn in the Adventures.
- There is a "glitched" solid magenta color of the "Long" and "Short" Rare Spiked Collars. This was confirmed by AJHQ on Instagram to be a result of a glitch while returning items through the Item Recovery system.
- The mobile app Animal Jam Play Wild has a similar Spiked Collar item. The mobile app also has a den item counterpart to this called the Spiked Table.
- In the "Animal Jam - Play Wild in National Geographic" commercial, a horse can be seen running through Jamaa with an unreleased brown "short" spiked collar.