The Rare Viking Hat is a members-only land clothing item worn on the head. It was originally released in Jam Mart Clothing during Beta Testing. They were re-released for Rare Item Monday on March 12, 2012.
The Rare Viking Hat appears as a short helmet with four large and small horns shooting out of either side. The horn on top is shorter, while the one on the bottom is longer. The horns curve similar to a bull's horns and are a different color at the tips. The helmet has a colored band on it, with three visible bumps. This item comes in eight different color varieties.
- The mobile app Animal Jam - Play Wild! has a similar Viking Hat item.
- This item is often mistakenly called the "Viking Helmet" by Jammers instead of its actual name.
- When it returned for Rare Item Monday, it was given a golden rare tag.
- When worn on an owl, the top set of horns are invisible.
- When worn on an arctic wolf, while the top set of horns are visible in the "change your look" popup, as well as the "switch animals" popup, they are not actually visible when playing as the character in-game.
- Despite its name, historians believe that Vikings never wore horned helmets like these.
- This item was formerly called the "Viking Hat" until the rare tag was added to the item.
The Rare Viking Hat can be won as a possible prize from the following locations:
|The Forgotten Desert||Orange Chest|
|The Forgotten Desert||Blue Chest|
|The Forgotten Desert||White Chest|
|The Forgotten Desert||Purple Chest|
|The Forgotten Desert||Ground Chests|
|Tiki Trouble||Third Pearl Chest|
|Tiki Trouble||Flying Animal Ground Chests|