For other Spiked Sale variants, see Spiked Sale.
The Spiked Collar is a members-only land clothing item. On August 8, 2013, the "Long" style was released in the Diamond Shop, and it later returned during October 16–18, 2015, as a weekend-only special. During June 23–26, 2016, the "Short" style was released in the Diamond Shop as part of the Spiked Sale.
The Spiked Collar consists of spikes attached to a circular band worn around the neck. Long Spiked Collars have a pattern of alternating sizes of long spikes and small spikes, but "Short" Spiked Collars only have one size of spikes. There are eight different color versions of each type (non-rare "Long", non-rare "Short") and two rare variants for a total of eighteen varieties.
- These are based on the original Rare Spiked Collars that were released as part of the Monthly Member Gifts.
- Unlike the monthly membership gift Rare Spiked Collars on which they are based, these Spiked Collar varieties do not provide any extra damage when worn in the Adventures.
- The non-rare "Long" Spiked Collars (along with one of the non-rare "Short" Spiked Collars) are the only variants in which the spikes and the neckband share the same color.
- Unlike the "Long" varieties, the non-rare "Short" Spiked Collars have a light blue tint on the spikes.
- Spiked Collars and Spiked Wristbands have more color varieties than most other items.
- Many Jammers refer to this item as the "Spike" or "Diamond Spike" instead of its actual name.
- There is a very similar item called the Custom Spiked Collar, the primary difference being that it has two-tone spikes.
- This item is very similar to the Studded Collar.
- This item has an underwater counterpart called the Diamond Spiked Collar.
- The Mystical, Tattered, Neon, and Striped Spiked Collars are based on this item and were released on Thursday, November 23, 2017.
- The "Long" Rare Spiked Collar sold during the 2018 Spiked Sale has a similar color palette to the Club Geoz Hat and Headphones.
- The mobile app Animal Jam Play Wild has a similar Spiked Collar item.
- In the "Animal Jam - Play Wild in National Geographic" commercial, a horse can be seen running through Jamaa with an unreleased brown "short" spiked collar.
- In Animal Jam - Play Wild, there is a den item counterpart to this, the Spiked Table.