|“||The Phantoms have opened a portal to Jamaa and have discovered how to wilt chomper plants! Find a way to revive the plants, and help Liza close the portal. Teamwork will help you through this Adventure.||„|
|~ Animal Jam Official Insider's Guide|
The Phantom Portal is an adventure available to all Jammers. It was released on July 11, 2013, and the Hard difficulty mode was introduced on August 8, 2013. It was originally for members-only, but it was unlocked for all Jammers on September 12, 2013. It is a continuation of the Return of the Phantoms adventure and it is followed by the Meet Cosmo adventure.
- When the adventure starts, Liza will appear to start the journey, telling the player that they must clear the polluted river to water the Chomper Plants, which the Phantoms have withered.
- Then, the player must plug the Phantom Pipes, water the chomper plants, and trap 2-4 Phantoms.
- After talking to the trapped Monkeys, the player is asked to find four Phantom Keys to unlock the cages.
- When the monkeys are freed, the player(s) will have to hop on the Mira Emblem with them to open the Phantom Gate.
- There is a cavern behind the gate, where Liza will ask the player to find three Portal Crystals hidden across the cavern to seal the Phantom Portal, stop the Phantom King from coming through, and save Jamaa.
|Click Expand to view|
|Treasure Chest||Normal Mode||Hard Mode|
|Top Left||Cave Crystals||Random Clothing Items|
|Top Middle||Portal Crystal||750 or 1,500 Gems|
|Top Right||Explorer Crate||Random Clothing Items|
|Bottom Left||500 Gems||1,000 Gems|
|Bottom Right||Phantom Pipe||Random Clothing Items|
There are 6 treasure chests in this adventure, not including passages.
- At the start of the adventure, go left immediately, pressing against the trees. Eventually you will slip through the trees into a sunlit clearing with a chest.
- After plugging all the Phantom Pipes, you can cross the river. Across the bridge (to the area with the door), go in the direction of the square of tall grass. Cross the river and follow the path there to a chest.
- Go to the other end of the river.
- Past the first Phantom Web and across the bridge, defeat the Phantom. Go along the path it was travelling, break the web, defeat the two phantoms. Go into the trees on their right.
- As you travel further into the adventure, by the next water well is a visible chest.
6. On the other side of the well, if you travel down the trees a little, you'll slide through to a chest.
The only chests in the cave are the certain-animal-restricted passages.
Foxes Only Passage
This passage can only be opened by a Fox and it is located at the bottom-right side of the cave. The treasure chest at this passage can reward a variety of clothing items; some of the possible prizes are listed below:
Lions Only Passage (Hard Mode only)
This passage can only be opened by a Lion if the adventure is played under Hard difficulty. It is located behind the Foxes passage, meaning that a Fox must first unlock their passage before a Lion can access this passage. The only item obtainable from the lions only passage is the Slingshot.
- This adventure was originally only for Jammers with a purchased Membership, but it was made available to all Jammers on September 12th, 2013.
- When in hard mode, there is a glitch that happens when the player goes down one slide. When this glitch happens, their avatar will teleport into the darkness and then move to where the glitch happens. This process is then repeated. The glitch appears on other Jammers' screens, but not usually on the person who is in the glitch. This glitch can also happen in Meet Cosmo.
- In both difficulty modes, there is a glitch where a Phantom Tube might disappear when it is plugged, but the exploding phantom goo will remain frozen in its place; this also happens in Meet Cosmo.
- This is the first appearance of the Phantom King.
- There is a glitch where one of the Phantom Webs is unbreakable.
- This is also the first appearance of Phantom Webs.
- As the player inserts crystals into the portal, large Phantom arms begin to reach through the portal.
- There is a glitch that the phantom pipe does not disappear even when the cork is plugged in.
- There are also some Phantom pipes that may not accept the cork.
- In addition, the pipe's fountain of goo may not disappear after shooting into the air.
- A glitch that occurs in all adventures including The Phantom Portal is when the phantom puts you in a deep sleep, your animal is already sleeping while going to the respawn.
- There is a glitch where when freeing the monkey NPC "Charles", his eyes will disappear. Then, they will show up while he is running to the Mira Emblem, and once he starts jumping his goggles will finally appear.
- There have been rumors where if the player frees the monkeys in a certain order in hard mode and clicked on a certain chest, they would get a valuable item. This has been proven false due to the prizes being random.
- There is a glitch where at the end of the game after you receive the prizes and the green portal is clicked, a pop up will appear, informing the player that a jammer's den is locked. This only happens after clicking it once and it won’t show up again.
- There is also a glitch where players will not be able to exit the game and will need to reload.
|Click expand to view|
|Click expand to view|
|Click expand to view|